The “Farm & Garden Assistant – San Diego” provides assistance to Farm and Maintenance Technicians, Supervisors, and Managers with general labor activities on our urban farms, residential gardens, and garden installations.
- Must have some experience with gardening or farming fruits and vegetables using organic methods, including:
- cultivating soil with fertilizers and amendments
- identifying pests and diseases
- Must be proficient and comfortable using farm and garden tools such as shovel, pitchfork, wheelbarrow, sprayer, and other landscaping and gardening tools
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must feel comfortable working outside doing physical farming activity for up to 8 hours per day
- Must feel comfortable regularly waking up early
- Must have reliable daily transportation and a cell phone
- Must have excellent customer service skills and positive work ethics
- Must have a positive attitude and readiness to learn in a dynamic environment
- Should have keen observation abilities and excellent attention to detail
- Beneficial if you have experience with Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar a plus
How to Apply:
The Farm & Garden Assistant will play a supportive role in all aspects of work performed by California Farm and Garden, from installations to regular maintenance. This position could be PART TIME or FULL TIME. Hourly pay is based on experience. We encourage all qualified applicants to email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.